Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review: Head Over Heels by Cindy Procter-King

Magee Sinclair is a bit of a klutz, but nothing tops losing two big clients from her family's advertising company. She needs to keep their client, Justin Kane, happy to stay in the black. So when Justin claims he wants Magee to stand in as his girlfriend to seal the deal for his chain of bike stores to get bigger distribution, well, what choice is there? Except nothing is going as planned, but through the chaos, Magee and Justin are falling head over heels.

Cindy and I have been connected through many social media sites for a number of years, but I've yet to have the privilege of reading one of her books. Big mistake. I fully plan on checking out her backlist. She writes with humor and wit and underlying emotion that's hard to translate. I fell in love with Justin and Magee from the start, and nothing is better than a true-to-life bumbling heroine. The setting was beautiful in its detail, putting me right there, and the secondary characters propelled the plot. My only two quirks were the premise, (a common one), but Cindy put a fresh spin on things, and I never felt bored. And the story lacked a deep conflict, but again, she pulled it off. Recommended.

No comments: