Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--KATE PERRY 2

BIOGRAPHY: Author Kate Perry’s book, Chosen by Desire, is listed as part of The Guardians of Destiny Series, with Marked by Passion released first. She has other titles in contemporary romance; Project Date and Project Daddy. Kate Perry is a Master in the art of Kung Fu San Soo and collects swords. She resides in San Francisco, California.

Thanks for being here again, Kate. It’s a pleasure.
I love it here. I'd move in if you had a spare room for me.

#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…
I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. But, actually, I am into yoga.

Sorry--I had lapse for a moment.

If I had to use one word to describe myself, I'd pick "free." If I were a beverage, I'd be a ginger chai--kind of odd but spicy. If I were a cupcake, I'd be chocolate filled with caramel and sprinkled with fleur de sel--sweet with bursts of saltiness.

There's all kinds of info about me on my site (www.kateperry.com/about/). What do you want to know?


#2- You are literally a Kung Fu Master. Please do tell us about that…
I just became a Master a few weeks ago. It's been a long, bumpy road that I've been walking (sometimes crawling) for the past thirteen years. Imagine Jedi training. Only instead of Yoda, I was taught by an African American man named Andre.

A lot of people see becoming a Master as the last step--like I've finally arrived. But really it's just the beginning. It's only once you become a Master that you have the skill set to learn all the really cool stuff.


#3- As you know, I reviewed your titles MARKED BY PASSION and CHOSEN BY DESIRE for Bookpleasures and loved them. But how do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive?
What negative reviews???


#4- You write in both contemporary romance and paranormal romance. Which do you prefer, which comes easier to you, and how do you make the adjustment?
Young adult.

Grin.

Actually, any book has challenges. Even when I start out thinking "Oh--this book is going to be easy to write" I always hit that spot--the part that's so hard to write that I wish I worked at McDonalds instead.

But I do love contemporary, just because it's all about relationships. There's something so satisfying about just dealing with the essentials of human spirit without meddling from supernatural forces.


#5- Assuming you get any time to read, what authors do you like to read, and were there any books that stand out from your childhood as favorites?
As a kid, I loved The Girl of the Sea of Cortez by Peter Benchley and The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. Superfudge by Judy Blume too. Heck--anything by Judy Blume.

Yes, I still read a lot. So many great authors, so little time... Let's see, I love Charlaine Harris, Meg Cabot, Kate Perry, Veronica Wolff, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Kate Perry, Patricia Briggs, Linda Howard... Did I mention Kate Perry is pretty great?


#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?
I'm furiously working on the third Guardian of Destiny book, tentatively titled TEMPTED BY FATE. It stars Ramirez (the homicide inspector from the previous two books) and Willow Tarata, a Guardian with a conflicted past. It'll be released mid-2010, I think. I have a snippet posted on my site: http://kateperry.com/books/.

There's a lot going on my site. You should come hang out with us. www.kateperry.com



#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Thanks for having me, Kelly! I'll share anything. Just ask.

Wait--I won't share cupcakes or ice cream. Sorry. A girl's gotta have boundaries.

No comments: