Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--CARIDAD PINEIRO 1

BIO: Author Caridad Pineiro is a NY Times and USA Today best-selling author of more than twenty novels and novellas. Other titles include: Fury calls, Death Calls, Darkness Calls, Danger Calls, Temptation Calls, Devotion Calls, and Blood Calls. Caridad is also a wife, attorney, and mother.

Thanks for being here, Caridad. It’s a pleasure.


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…
I’m a mom to an aspiring writer and fashionista and have been happily married to my college sweetheart for many many years. I love to cook and travel and my favorite place to be is on the beach because I love the ocean.

#2- Besides being a writer, you are also an attorney. What do you specialize in and do you still practice?
I am an attorney and I concentrate on Intellectual Property, namely trademarks. I also help my clients protect their brands all over the world and also deal with copyrights and publishing contracts. I still work full-time in a law firm in Manhattan.


#3- As you know, I reviewed your title SINS OF THE FLESH for Bookpleasures and loved it. But how do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive? I guess there is a reason for that old adage about not being able to please all of the people. You can’t please everyone, but I do take a moment to read reviews to see if there is anything in them that can help improve my writing or which I failed to do in the novel. Because of that negative reviews can be helpful because they will hopefully make my next novel better. Positive reviews can also do the same thing since if there is one aspect of the book that people really liked, I can focus on making sure that I include that in future works. The hardest reviews to handle are those that offer nothing of value and become personal attacks. Luckily there have been few of those.


#4- What was it like to hit the NY Times and USA Today’s bestseller list, and what advice would you give to other aspiring writers?
It was very exciting to get the e-mail from my editor telling me that the book would be hitting the lists. It’s been a lifelong dream and it was very fulfilling to do so. As for advice to aspiring writers – never give up! Publishing is a tough business filled with rejection, but you cannot let that get to you. Just keep on writing and one day your dreams will come true.

#5- Assuming you get any time to read, what authors do you like to read, and were there any books that stand out from your childhood as favorites?
LOL! You’re right, I rarely get time to read anymore between work, writing and family obligations. As for authors I like to read, I always have one of the JD Robb IN DEATH books nearby for those rare spare moments of time. My childhood favorites were WUTHERING HEIGHTS and Ian Fleming’s James Bond books. I think the combo of both is why I love writing romantic suspense.

#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?
STRONGER THAN SIN, the next book in the SINS series will be out in October 2010. It’s a story about Jesse Bradford, an ex-football player who has been forced out of the game by a degenerative bone disease and undergoes gene therapy to help him return to the game. Those who loved Liliana from SINS OF THE FLESH will be delighted to know that she is the heroine in STRONGER THAN SIN. There will also be two more books in THE CALLING series sometime in late 2010 or 2011. I’m still waiting to hear when they will be scheduled. I have two websites at www.caridad.com and www.thecallingvampirenovels.com.

#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share? I love to hear from readers and get to know you better. I have made many wonderful friends from those contacts and look forward to meeting all of you as well!

No comments: