Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--AUTUMN JORDAN

BIO: Autumn Jordon, a quiet nut with a reputation for finding trouble, lives with her husband who supplies her with support and tons of laughs along the Appalachian Trail in northeast Pennsylvania. Crafting stories has always been part of her life. While in fourth grade, her first novel, A Night To Remember, sold three copies: to her best friend, teacher and mother. When not writing or blogging she enjoys her family which includes a Yorkshire Terrier and an Irish Setter, her friends, great books, gardening, walking the trails and traveling with her dear hubby . Her favorite destinations, so far, farther from home are Vermont and Arizona.

Thanks for being here, Autumn. It’s a pleasure.

No, thank you, Kelly. I enjoyed answering your questions.


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…

My Bio pretty much says it. My husband and I have five children between us-I out did him 4 to 1. Even though the kids are on their own, they’ve brought more to the table, spouses and grandchildren which I’m grateful for. We replace our backdoor every five years or so. It’s a busy place.

I’m also one of those people who have a hard time saying no when volunteers are called for. I do like to help.


#2- With authors having a more active role in marketing now, and you being an avid blogger, do you find the blogs and social media sites a helpful tool?

With my first books being released this year, I’m new to the cyber-world, but I’ve already reached many readers through social networks such as FaceBook and Myspace and Twitter. And, I love to blog. I simply post my thought for the day, post the topic on FB, MYS, Twitter and people actually hop over, look and comment. Some days, I strike a cord and great conversations erupt. It’s fun.

I’ve certainly noticed an increased number of hits to my website, when I’m active on the networks, but warning to authors, socializing can be time consuming and new books don’t write themselves.


#3- How do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive?

(Knocking on wood here.) I’ve yet to receive a bad review on either of my two books, Obsessed By Wildfire or Evil’s Witness. However, in the past, I have received head-against-the-wall feedback from some contest judges.

The thing to keep in mind is judging is subjective and not everyone will like your story, voice, or whatever. Even the greatest authors are criticized by someone at some point. I read my readers comments, but ultimately it’s my work. And if I’ve heard similar comments made by others, I’ll take a hard look at the area they feel I’m lacking and maybe there is a way to improve the story. I then send them a thank you note for being frank with me. After all they took the time to comment and in the end I’ll be a better writer because of their comment.


#4- Can you tell us a bit about the two books in this giveaway?

Obsessed by Wildfire released in January and was my second contracted novel, but first to hit the cyber world. I wrote the story on a dare in three months, submitted it to The Wild Rose Press and signed a contract with them eight hours later. Boy if that could happen again.

It’s a fun, sexy, contemporary western with a bit of suspense and has received great reviews from both reviewers and readers. A few are up on Amazon.com, where you can buy the book or at The Wild Rose Press.com

Here’s a blurp:

Isobel Trinidad is her own woman. She vows no man will rope her into the humdrum life of a housewife and take away her dreams of becoming the National Barrel Champion like her father had done to her mother. Her mind is set, until a handsome Yankee comes to town and upsets everything she has believed.

Arson brings State Fire Marshal Warner Keyson to Wayback, but a wildfire of a woman stops him in his tracks. Intrigued by Issy’s fire, he contrives ways to keep her close while conducting his investigation. What they create, which neither of them bargained for, is the blaze of a lifetime.

Evil’s Witness was my 2009 Golden Heart ® entry. It’s a romantic suspense based on several occurrences which happened at my family’s business. We own and operated a mid-size trucking company and well, let’s just say things do happen. Evil’s Witness even though only out one month has also received two great reviews and wonderful comments from readers. I am proud of both stories.

Evil’s Witness is available at The Wild Rose Press, B&N .com, or Amazon.com in both e-format and paperback.

Blurp:

Stephanie Boyd’s world crashes when she and her children witness a blood bath. To escape the wrath of the Russian Mafia, she has no choice but to help the FBI uncover the mafia’s mole inside the U.S. Treasury. While on the run with the handsome agent who is willing to die for them, Stephanie learns the meaning of love.

Agent John Dolton’s break in solving the case that cost him everything is a couple of kids and a beautiful widow. But keeping them safe seems impossible when their every move is foreseen by their enemy. Stephanie and her children soften the loner’s heart and John vows not to fail to protect the family he comes to love.



#5- Assuming you get any time to read, what authors do you like to read, and were there any books that stand out from your childhood as favorites?

My favorite book of all time is the Valley Of The Horses by Jean Auel. It’s part of the earth series. I love the detail, the characters, the emotion and the romance. I enjoy many newer voices too, Misty Evans is one.


#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?

I just finished my next romantic suspense. It’s another small town woman put into peril as she becomes a mafia pawn. Of course, the hero is yummy and she is his equal. I’m in the process of submitting to editors. I’ll shout to the world on FB, MYS and Twitter when a contract is signed. In the meantime, I’ve started another.

My website is www.autumnjordon.com
My blog is www.autumnjordonsnotes.blogspot.com


#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?

I hope your readers will stop my website and sign up for my quarterly newsletter. It’s filled with news, writing tips, recipes and whatever is on my mind at the time.

Again, thanks for hosting me. I look forward to chatting.

No comments: