Sunday, November 10, 2013

Review: So Tough to Tame, by Victoria Dahl

Reeling from a scandal that's burned nearly all her bridges, Charlie Allington returns to her small hometown in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, to figure out what to do. Working for a new resort in town isn't her dream job, but she's out of options. The only upside is her neighbor and childhood friend, Walker Pearce. The sexy cowboy has his own shame and past he's trying to overcome, but if they own up to their mistakes and learn to be honest with each other, they may just find what they've been looking for…in each other.


I'm ashamed to admit this is my first Dahl novel. This was sexy, flirty and fun, with a deep undercurrent that's often difficult to pull off. My only quirk is I feel the conflict dragged toward the end of the book, but that was rectified and didn't keep me from reading. The plot, secondary characters, setting, and antagonists were well placed and added to the story nicely. The romance was hot. I won't hesitate to read future books. Great writing style.

No comments: