Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--RUTH MELLOTT

BIO: Author Ruth Mellott has been writing short stories for twenty-three years. In 2008 her first book was published, INHERITED BLOOD. She resides in Kansas with her husband of fourteen years and their three dogs.

Thanks for being here, Ruth. It’s a pleasure.


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…

Well outside of my writing career, I work at Walmart as a Customer Service Manager. When I’m not writing or working, I like to spend time with my family and friends.



#2- After writing short stories as a hobby for so long before being published, can you tell us what the experience was like for you to finally be published?

When I got that email telling me that I was being published, I was so excited. But when I held my book in my hands for the first time is when I realized it really happened. My stories are published for everyone to read and enjoy. It was a dream come true.



#3- How do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive?

I just take the negative reviews as a learning experience in what I write. Some people will like what I write and other people won’t. I learn a lot from negative critiques because if you need to change something or something doesn’t sound right then it helps to have fresh eyes. For somethings that you can miss.


#4- INHERITED BLOOD has an interesting concept where a woman goes back to her Southern roots after inheriting a plantation house from her great aunt, soon to discover just how dark the family history is. Where did you get the idea for this story, and where do you feel you get your inspiration?

I like vampires, planation houses and southern roots. So I decide to put them altogether and see how it would turn out. My husband helped me come up with the title. I also get my inspiration from my family. Because my family believes in me and I have a lot of support.



#5- Assuming you get any time to read, what authors do you like to read, and were there any books that stand out from your childhood as favorites?

I love to read Charlene Harris books. But if I can find another good book from a new Author then I will read it. I would say my favorite childhood book was by Laura Ingalls wilder. He little house on the priaire books.




#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?


Well I do have book II of Inherited Blood done. It still needs some more proofreading before I can send it off. You can hopefully find Inherited Blood Castles Realm coming out this year. To find out more about which book is coming out and whats new with Inherited blood anyone can visit my site at http://www.inheritedblood.webs.com


#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?


Thanks Kelly for having my today. The only thing I would like to share is for any new Authors or anyone wanting to write, keep your heads up and don’t let anyone keep you from your writing.

No comments: