Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--MARIE TUHART

BIO: Marie Tuhart can't remember a time when she didn't have a book in her hands. A voracious reader since childhood, she has a TBR pile so big that she finally gave up and rented storage space! Though her family doesn’t really understand the stacks of books in her study, or the way Marie will stare off into space when she's thinking of yet another sexy scene between her hero and heroine, they support her completely in her writing endeavors.
Thanks for being here, Marie. It’s a pleasure.


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…

I've worked for a telecommunications company for 29 years now, next year will be 30 and I can retire and write full time.


#2- I find what you said in your bio about staring off into space and your piles of books hilarious and true. For those non-writers, can you explain that?

How to explain…sometimes while I'm watching TV, on the computer or even at dinner a scene between my characters will start playing in my head, and I get so into the scene I blank out everything around me.

As for the books, all readers understand the pile of books, reciently I cleaned out two bookcases in my office, and they were refilled with more books to be read. Most of my research books are downstairs in a storage area, the research books I use all the time are in a small bookcase by my desk.

#3- How do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive?

Not everyone is going to like or love what I write. Reviews and critiques are subjective, but I do look at what they have to say to see if there is a way I can improve.


#4- Can you tell us a bit about the book in this giveaway and what the inspiration was?

My publisher The Wild Rose Press had put out a request for books for their new Cowboy Kink series. I had just finished up all my edits with my editor, and looked at the request. I hadn't written a cowboy book in years, then my mind started going and I said, what about a dude ranch, then I thought what about an adult dude ranch. I emailed the senior editor with the idea, she said go for it, and Quick Silver Ranch: Roped And Read was born.

Here's a blurb:
Quick Silver Ranch is no ordinary dude ranch.

After Becca Dalton finds her fiancé in bed with her boss, she ends the ill-fated engagement on the spot and quits her job. She heads to Quick Silver Ranch, looking to regroup before an interview for the job of her dreams--an executive position at a five-star hotel.

Becca's best-laid plans are ruined when she discovers the exclusive ranch is for consenting couples who spend their days and nights exploring their most wicked sexual fantasies. For Becca to remain at the ranch and take advantage of all the arousing activities, she needs a partner.

Her sexy college lover and part owner of the ranch, Tyler Carson, is willing to break all the rules, partner up with Becca and have her roped and ready for a week of unimaginable pleasure. But is a week enough to satisfy his desire for Becca?


#5- Any plans to write in a different subgenre of romance?

Yes, I also write series contemporary romance targeted for Harlequin Presents, and I'm starting to dip my fingers into the paranormal romance area.


#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?

Quick Silver Ranch: Roped And Ready was released from The Wild Rose Press on 2/18/11 you can see more about it here:
http://thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=182&products_id=811

In Plain Sight was released in 2010 and you can read more about it here:

http://thewildrosepress.com/wilderroses/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=142&products_id=755

Quick Silver Ranch: Saddle Up will be released later this year.

I encourage readers to visit my website: www.mairetuhart.com and sign up for my newsletter, I try to send it out 4 times a year, but I also do special drawings for those on my newsletter and send them special goodies.

I also have my own blog: www.escapetoaneroticfantasyblogspot.com
And I'm part of a group blog: www.wildandwickedcowboys.wordpress.com

Please come visit me on the blogs.


#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?

I love hearing from readers, there is a contact button on my website and I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: