Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--LEANNE BANKS

Thanks for being here Leanne. It’s a pleasure!


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…

I enjoy traveling and activities with my family and friends. I love having my little Pomeranian Bijou as my at-home companion. I also love to visit the beach.


#2- You have several books and awards under your belt. Tell us what is felt like to accomplish that, and do you have any new goals for yourself?

The funny thing about recognition is that for me I’m usually so focused on the writing part that I have to pull myself out of my work to appreciate it. I am very thankful, however, for the awards. I didn’t realize that writing 50 books was a goal for myself, but now that I’m facing the publication of my 50th book in May, it’s pretty monumental for me. My new goal is to challenge myself and not to settle for surviving.

#3- As you know, I reviewed your title Trouble in High Heels, for Bookpleasures, and loved it. But how do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive?

I’m thrilled that you enjoyed Trouble In High Heels. Negative Reviews? If someone makes a specific point that I can address, and I agree, then I will try to address the issue in future books. That said, I learned early on that my books aren’t for everyone and that’s okay.

#4- What advice would you bestow on other aspiring authors, such as: queries, synopsis, agents, submissions?

Read what you love and keep trying. Persistence is the most important thing.

#5- Where do you find your inspiration for your novels, and do you feel that your family & friends influence you?

I find inspiration everywhere – in news stories, in family and friends, in conversations, in people watching. It’s amazing the drama you can hear from someone talking too loudly on their cellphones, the character cues you can pick up.

#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?

As you know, Trouble In High Heels hits the stands at the end of February and my 50th book, a Silhouette Desire, BILLIONAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE, will be published in May! My web address is www.leannebanks.com

#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?

Yes! I have a chat at www.writerspace.com on Sunday, March 1, 9pm ET and there will be drawings throughout the chat for prizes! Also, I’m conducting a new poll on my message board for people to share their favorite “Sunnyisms”. I will be drawing winner(s) from that too. Thank you again for inviting me!

No comments: