Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--LARISSA IONE 2

BIO: New York Times best-selling author Larissa Ione grew up reading Stephen King and Dean Koontz. She began writing horror and fantasy, but soon learned to love romance. She is able to combine her two loves into one genre- paranormal romance. She also writes under the pen name Sydney Croft. Titles include: Seduced by the Storm, Pleasure Unbound, Hot Nights Dark Desires, Unleashing the Storm, Wet Dreams, Snow Bound, Riding the Storm, Flesh to Fantasy, and Shadow Play. Her title, Pleasure Unbound was named Best Paranormal Romance of 2008 in the First Annual Reviewers Choice Awards at Romance Novel TV. She was born in Oregon but resides now in Virginia.

Thanks for being here again, Larissa. It’s a pleasure. Thanks so much! It’s great to be back!


#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career… Well, I’m a military wife – married to a Coastie, so we move a lot. I have a teenage son, a cat, and a few boring hobbies like watching movies and bowling.

#2- You are now a NY Times best-selling author. What was it like to achieve that and do you have any new goals for yourself? Wow…it was amazing to hit the New York Times. It’s something I always dreamed of but honestly never thought would happen. I still have to pinch myself. As far as goals, I guess my main one is pretty simple; I just want to write the best story I can and turn it in on time. I really want to hit my stride, to find a method that works really well for me, because I swear, the more I write, the less I know and the harder it is to write a book.

#3- Do you ever have the fear of letting your readers down or get writers block? If so, how do you work through that? Oh, heck, yeah! I’m terrified of letting my readers down. I have always set very high standards for myself, and I’ve always known that I need a lot of time to do something right. So now that I have deadlines, the pressure builds, and I worry that I can’t do my best if I can’t take a ton of time to make sure every word is perfect. I’m a bit of a perfectionist, so I’m a worry-wart. Writers’ block is part of that. I’ve realized that to get through it I have to take breaks and recharge the batteries through reading, watching movies, and just living life.

#4- What advice you bestow to other aspiring writers? Keep writing. Don’t give up. Find critique partners you trust, and work with them to improve your craft. With every manuscript you’ll see improvement.

#5- You grew up reading Stephen King and Dean Koontz before writing paranormal romance. Any new authors now that you are hooked on or follow? I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of Robert Jordan and Sharon Kay Penman. Absolutely amazing authors, and if you read fantasy or historical fiction, I highly recommend those authors. If you’re into paranormal literary erotica, I also adore Louisa Burton. Talk about some seriously hot demons!

#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could
you give us your web site so readers can check it out? The fourth book in my Demonica series, Ecstasy Unveiled, is out January 26th. After that, I have a Sydney Croft story coming out in the Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance in May. Annika/Creed fans should enjoy that book! My websites: www.LarissaIone.com and www.SydneyCroft.com

#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share? Nothing except thank you for having me! It’s always a pleasure to visit with you!

No comments: