Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interview--KAREN MICHELLE NUTT

BIO: Karen Michelle Nutt lives in California with her husband, three fascinating children, four dogs, three cats, and a guinea pig. Jack, her Chihuahua/Yorkshire terrier is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer. In her spare time, she reviews books for PNR—Paranormal Romance Reviews. An avid reader of history, romance, and the paranormal, she tends to combine the three in her writings. She enjoys travel, old movies, books, and the chance to weave a tale.

Thanks for being here, Karen. It’s a pleasure.
Thank you for letting me visit with you today. 

#1- Tell us a little about yourself outside of your writing career…
I’ve worked in the dental field for almost thirty years from assisting to financial secretary. Outside of work, two of my good friends and I like to frequent tea houses and take tours of haunted places.

My new obsession is Photoshop and have created my headers for my website and blog. I’ve been having fun creating book covers, too. I’m having a blast.
I love nonfat lattes and dark chocolate makes me very, very happy. My husband keeps me well supplied. lol

#2- You love history books. What is your favorite period in history and why?
Medieval Ireland fascinates me. It was a turbulent time for Ireland with borders shifting, pagan and Christian beliefs merging. There were heroes and heroines born. There were Viking and Norman invasions and let’s not forget the fine feasts, jousting, feuding clans and the wee bit of magic waiting to be discovered.


#3- How do you handle the negative reviews and critiques you receive? Thank goodness most of my reviews have been positive. When you write a story, it’s like it’s your baby. You want everyone to fall in love with the tale as you’ve done. Unfortunately, it’s impossible to please everyone. There’s bound to be someone who doesn’t care for my writing style. Like everyone, I have my favorites, too.

Most of all, I’m grateful the person took time to read my book and leave a comment. 

Critiquing, my story—I look at critiquing with an open mind. A good deal of the time, it’s an area that needs strengthening and I go back and rewrite the passage. Nine times out of ten, I’m glad I did.


#4- Can you tell us a bit about this book in your giveaway? Eli: Warriors for the Light is the first book in the Fallen Angels series. They are both human and angel with the ability to shift from one to the other. They are called the Grigori, the Watchers. They record the world’s history, but are bystanders in the human world. They are not allowed to befriend humans only observe them. Eli, the hero of the tale, commits the worse sin of all when he falls in love with a human, claiming she’s his soul mate. Some of his brethren believe his bold act is a lie and Eli should be punished. They’re half angel and possess glamour (magic) to influence humans, but Eli is given a chance to prove his claim. If he fails, his life is forfeited.

#5- You are also a book reviewer. Do you find it challenging juggling both writing and reviewing? I never accept a book to review if I’m pressed for time on edits. I want to give the book my full attention for the review. I love to read and sometimes it’s nice to escape into someone else’s world for a while.


#6- Are there any upcoming releases we would like to know about, and could you give us your web site so readers can check it out?

I have a short story in the Sensual Halloween Anthology called: The Curse of Tempest Gate. The story is about two men cursed to replay a duel for eternity, but one woman has the key to setting them free. An Archangel, a demon, a ghost and a witch play a part in this paranormal cemetery setting.

My work in progress is Lucca, the second story in the Warriors for the Light series.
If you’d like to know more about my books, please visit me at: http://www.kmnbooks.com

#7- This about concludes it. Thank you again for joining us. Is there anything else you would like to share?

If anyone’s interested in reading an excerpt of Eli here’s a direct link: http://www.kmnbooks.com/fallen-angels/eli

Thank you so much for having me here today, Kelly. You have a lovely site.

No comments: